This 1-week exchange will offer leaders, policymakers, and innovators in the field of English language teaching the opportunity to attend the 2017 TESOL International Convention in Seattle, Washington. The program also includes 2-3 days of meetings with government representatives at local and state levels, educational institutions, and non-profit organizations.
- Be either an English language program administrator at a K-12, university, or non-governmental institution, a professional association leader, an English language program director, or a ministry official. Note: School Principals/Administrators or Senior Officals are eligible with strong written justification of demonstrated leadership in their communities.
- Have a minimum English language proficiency equivalent to a B1, or Independent User, as outlined in the CEFR of Languages. Please access the following link for detailed language proficiency descriptions: B1- C2 language proficiency as defined by the Common European Framework of Reference of Languages.
- Have not received any grant or award from the U.S. government to attend international conferences or programs in the last two years.
- Preference will be given to applicants without prior U.S. experience.
How to apply
- Fill in the application form (DOCX: 69 KB)
- Submit the application form to Mr. Ou Socheat at OuS1@state.gov
Application deadline: January 31, 2017
For information, please contact:
Mr. Ou Socheat
Public Affairs Specialist
Phone: 023 728 248