Homestay & Site Coordinator (HSC)
Full Time Temporary Positions
OPEN TO: All Qualified Candidates
OPENING DATE: January 10, 2020
CLOSING DATE: January 31, 2020
WORK HOURS: Full time; 48 hrs/week
WORK PERIOD: June 1, 2020 – September 11, 2020
Peace Corps Cambodia seeks two Homestay & Site Coordinators (HSC) for our K14 Pre-Service Training (PST). HSCs are responsible for coordinating the identification, selection and development of Peace Corps Trainees (PCTs) and Language and Cultural Facilitators (LCFs) home-stays in the training villages. Peace Corps (www.peacecorps.gov) is a US government agency that sends volunteers to assist in development. Learn more about Peace Corps Cambodia here: http://cambodia.peacecorps.gov/
They will provide ongoing support and cross-cultural feedback to both host families and PCTs/LCFs. Additionally, as the Site Coordinator, they will be the primary liaison between the hub site training staff and the LCFs, school officials, other community resources in the district training sites, and PST staff. They communicate with the Language and Cultural Coordinator (LCC), Training Manager (TM), and Technical Trainers on a regular basis and attend all PST logistical meetings. The HSC operates under the direct guidance and supervision of the Training Manager (TM).
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identifies potential host families ensures that they all are visited, assessed and evaluated against the selection criteria. Further ensures that all Trainee host families have had an orientation and an opportunity to ask questions about their responsibilities.
- Mediates and resolves housing issues as they arise between Trainees and host families or landlords, in consultation with the Training Manager, Director of Programming and Training, Core PST staff, and other Training Staff, as appropriate.
- Maintains accurate and complete files on host families (contact information, interview/ assessment forms, questionnaires, list of host families to use and not use again, etc.,) and share with Program and Training staff, PCMO and SSC as appropriate.
- Liaises with the local authorities and community for different training events.
- Mobilizes community resources for training activities.
Selected candidate must be able to live in the selected rural community during the entire period of employment.
A Bachelor Degree in any field
Language Proficiency: Native Khmer Speaker. English Level III (Good Working Knowledge) Speaking/Reading/Writing.
At least two years’ experience related to administrative/logistic support, working with western foreigners, especially Americans;
- Previous experience with Peace Corps or similar international volunteer organizations
- One year experience in program administration or coordination
- Experience managing budgets.
- Knowledge of diverse customs and culture of Cambodia; Ability to interact appropriately with Cambodians at all levels, especially local villagers and District officials; High level of knowledge regarding training sites; Ability to work within cross-cultural teams, including Trainees, Volunteers, and Khmer and American staff; Sound interpersonal skills with an emphasis on group dynamics; Experience working at a grass-roots community level; Keen on learning new skills
How to Apply:
- Submit a cover letter in English describing your interest in working with the Peace Corps and how you meet the qualifications.
- Submit a CV in English that demonstrates how you meet the desired qualifications.
- Send CV/Resume and cover letter to KHfirstname.lastname@example.org with the title “HSC”
- Or, deliver to the Peace Corps Office – #7A, Street 256
- Or, mail to Peace Corps Office, PO Box 2453, Phnom Penh 3
For questions, please contact Peace Corps/Cambodia at Tel: 023 222 901.
Applications that fail to follow application instructions or address the required qualifications or are submitted after 5:00pm on the closing date will not be considered.