Cambodian authorities have announced lockdown measures in Phnom Penh and Ta Khmau municipalities, effective midnight April 15 (tonight) through April 28, 2021.
These designated lockdown areas are subject to the following:
- All individuals within the lockdown areas must not leave their residence for the duration of the lockdown period, with some exceptions.
- Up to two individuals per household are permitted to leave their residence to purchase food from the nearest shop in their neighborhood, but may do so no more than three times a week and must have a valid form of identification with them.
- Individuals are permitted to leave their residence to purchase medicine as necessary.
- Groups of up to four people may travel to seek medical care within or outside the lockdown area, but require a letter of permission from the local authorities.
- Individuals are permitted to leave their residence to exercise outdoors in the nearby vicinity of their home, but are limited to groups of no more than two persons.
- All gatherings are prohibited with limited exceptions.
- Certain essential businesses may remain open despite the lockdown. Travel to work in these businesses is allowed with ID and an employment certificate.
- NGO workers, diplomats, staff of international organizations, and journalists may leave their residences freely but must carry their IDs and employment certificates.
- Travel and business activities permitted under the lockdown measures are prohibited between 8:00 p.m. and 5:00 a.m. except in emergencies and other limited instances.
Individuals who violate these lockdown measures may be subject to punishment in accordance with recent laws implemented to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
American citizens are advised to carry identification at all times when outside of their residence. American citizens are advised to closely monitor any announcements by local governments regarding travel restrictions, curfews, and other measures related to the outbreak response.