In order to prevent the spread of COVID-19, including the Delta variant, the Government of Cambodia will implement new measures from 11:59 PM on July 29, 2021 through August 12, 2021, including the lockdown of provinces bordering Thailand (Koh Kong, Pursat, Battambang, Pai Lin, Banteay Meanchey, Odor Meanchey, Preah Vihear, and Siem Reap), the closure of the Thai-Cambodian border, and a nightly curfew in Phnom Penh and other urban areas from 9:00 PM to 3:00 AM.
From 11:59 PM on July 29, 2021 through August 12, 2021, Provincial and Municipal Governors have been instructed to:
- Prohibit the operation of certain businesses, including karaoke bars, nightclubs, beer gardens, resorts, parks, massage parlors, liquor shops, cinemas, theaters, museums, and gyms.
- Prohibit gatherings of more than 10 people unless otherwise permitted by the relevant authorities. Gatherings of family members resident in the same household are permitted.
- Permit schools to operate virtually only.
- Prohibit the gathering of people for the purpose of consuming alcohol.
- Allow restaurants to operate only for takeaway services, with no dine-in services unless the restaurant implements health and social distancing measures approved by the Government.
- Require mask-wearing and social distancing in all permitted gatherings and business activities.
- A curfew will be implemented in Phnom Penh, provincial towns, and other urban areas from 9:00 PM to 3:00 AM from July 29, 2021 until August 12, 2021.
- Exceptions are made for health emergencies, health services, food transportation, water and electricity services, pharmacies, gas stations, hotels, and guesthouses.
- Travel during curfew is permitted (with identification) for diplomats, officials of UN and international financial organizations, journalists, and for travelers transiting to/from the airport.
In Provinces Bordering Thailand (Koh Kong, Pursat, Battambang, Pai Lin, Banteay Meanchey, Odor Meanchey, Preah Vihear, and Siem Reap):
From 11:59 PM on 29 July 2021 through 12 August 2021, all provinces bordering Thailand will be subject to a temporary lockdown. Lockdown areas will be designated as “Red Zones,” “Dark Yellow Zones,” and “Yellow Zones.”
“Red Zones” will be subject to the same “Red Zone” restrictions previously announced on April 19.
“Dark Yellow Zones” and “Yellow Zones” will be subject to the same “Dark Yellow Zone” and “Yellow Zone” restrictions previously announced on April 28.
Please consult local government sources for specific designations in each province or provincial city.
Individuals who violate these measures may be subject to punishment in accordance with recent laws implemented to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
American citizens should avoid “Red Zones” if possible. American citizens are advised to closely monitor any additional announcements by local governments regarding travel restrictions, curfews, and other measures related to the outbreak response.
Please be advised that embassy consular services will continue during the affected period. Americans seeking emergency services should contact ACSPhnomPenh@state.gov or +855-23-728-000.