In an effort to halt the spread of COVID-19, Cambodian authorities have identified four sangkat subdistricts and three villages in Phnom Penh as “Red Zones” subject to more restrictive lockdown measures.
The areas identified as “Red Zones” are as follows:
- Sangkat Stueng Meanchey 1, Stueng Meanchey 2, Stueng Meanchey 3
- Sangkat Chaom Chau
- Villages 14, 16, and 17 in Sangkat Boeng Salang
Please see the Phnom Penh Capital Hall website for listings of the “Red Zones.”
These “Red Zones” are subject to the following restrictions:
- All individuals within the “Red Zones” must not leave their residence, except for medical emergencies, for COVID-19 testing as directed by the relevant authorities, or to receive a second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine as determined by the relevant authorities.
- All markets, food sales, work and business activities are suspended except for a limited number of emergency and other services as determined by the authorities.
- The Ministry of Commerce is responsible for transporting food and water to residents within the “Red Zones.”
- Travel through these “Red Zones” is not permitted.
Individuals who violate these lockdown measures may be subject to punishment in accordance with recent laws implemented to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
American citizens should avoid these “Red Zones” if possible. American citizens are advised to closely monitor any additional announcements by local governments regarding travel restrictions, curfews, and other measures related to the outbreak response.