Curfew in Siem Reap
Cambodian authorities have announced a curfew in Siem Reap province from 8:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m. effective immediately through April 23, 2021, forbidding most types of gatherings and travel during curfew hours.
Exceptions to restrictions during curfew hours include the following:
- Travel for emergency medical needs;
- Gatherings with family members residing in the same household;
- Travel for work for those businesses permitted to remain open.
Lockdown Measures in Phnom Penh
Cambodian authorities have imposed lockdown measures in several designated communes/villages of three districts in Phnom Penh, effective through April 23, 2021:
- Mean Chey District (2 communes): Stueng Mean Chey 1 and Stueng Mean Chey 2
- Sen Sok District (1 village): Trong Mon
- Pou Senchey District (6 villages): Trapeang Thloeng 1, Trapeang Thloeng 2, Tuol Pongro, Chamkar Ovloek 1, Paprak Khang Tboung, Paprak Khang Cheung
These designated lockdown areas are subject to the following:
- Movement in and out of these areas is prohibited.
- All gatherings are prohibited with limited exceptions.
- Households are permitted to buy essential items such as food and medicine.
- Certain business activities are permitted but only within the lockdown area and must be closed between 8:00 p.m. and 5:00 a.m.
Individuals who violate these curfew and lockdown measures may be subject to punishment in accordance with recent laws implemented to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
American citizens are advised to closely monitor any announcements by local governments regarding travel restrictions, curfews, and other measures related to the outbreak response.