Due to increased lockdown measures in Phnom Penh and Ta Khmau, the U.S. Embassy will be suspending all routine consular services, including non-emergency American Citizen Services appointments, until April 28. Applicants with appointments during the lockdown period will be contacted to reschedule their appointments. American citizens seeking emergency services should contact ACSPhnomPenh@state.gov or +855-23-728-000.
Travel Between Provinces
The Cambodian government has extended the prohibition on all travel between provinces until April 28, 2021. This prohibition is applicable to travel between all provinces. Travel to seek medical attention in personal vehicles (up to four people) and ambulances are exempt from this travel prohibition. All tourism sites will also be closed during this period.
Stricter Lockdown Measures in Phnom Penh and Ta Khmau
Cambodian authorities have revised lockdown measures in Phnom Penh and Ta Khmau municipalities that are effective through April 28, 2021.
Changes to the lockdown measures are as follows:
- Certain essential businesses may remain open despite the lockdown, but may be subject to stricter requirements, such as minimizing their staffing to no more than 2%.
- For those traveling to work in essential businesses allowed to remain open during the lockdown, a travel permit from the “Executive Committee to Manage and Lead the Implementation of the Lockdown” is required in addition to an ID and employment certificate.
- Travel to receive a second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine as determined by the relevant authorities is permitted. Distribution of the first dose of the vaccine is suspended during the lockdown period.
- Outdoor exercise and sporting activities are no longer allowed.
- Officials of diplomatic, UN, and international finance organizations are permitted to travel, but must present their employment and identity documents. They may be accompanied by a Cambodian driver.
- Employees of international NGOs are no longer excepted from the lockdown measures.
- In addition to an ID and employment certificate, journalists must present travel permits issued by the Ministry of Information.
- Individuals traveling to/from the airport within the lockdown area must present identity and travel documents.
Individuals who violate these lockdown measures may be subject to punishment in accordance with recent laws implemented to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
American citizens are advised to carry identification at all times when outside of their residence. American citizens are advised to closely monitor any announcements by local governments regarding travel restrictions, curfews, and other measures related to the outbreak response.