Application deadline: July 29, 2020
The Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy is pleased to announce the “Alumni Learning and Leading” program, that aims to contribute to the personal development of selected alumni by improving their soft skills and mentoring/coaching skills. This program will be delivered in the form of blended learning, a combination of discussion groups, practical exercises through action projects, and independent learning online over a period of 5 months (August to December 2020). Selected alumni are expected to have a minimum commitment of 2-3 hours per week. This will enable the alumni to implement their action project as community service activities to give them practical experience and build their confidence. This course also includes several live interactive expert presentations with leading NGO employers, successful business owners, and high-level government officers. Every live event will be recorded and archived for participants to watch later. The alumni will have access to all course materials during the online program via a designated online platform.
The “Alumni Learning and Leading” program provides an opportunity for English Access participants to continue training and improving their soft skills, enabling them to be more competitive when applying for U.S. Government exchange programs, scholarships, and jobs. This program is sponsored by the U.S. Embassy Phnom Penh and is open to all English Access graduates and students in Phnom Penh, Kampong Chhnang, Kampong Speu, Kampong Thom, Battambang, Stung Treng, Tbong Khmum and Siem Reap.
The program is looking for 6 dynamic volunteers to work with us as facilitators to facilitate groups of selected alumni to participate in all training sessions, discussions and action projects throughout the project implementation from August to December 2020.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Attend a two-day TOT provided by the professional trainer physically or via Zoom
- Facilitate the learning of 3 groups of alumni (15 alumni in total)
- Participate in the first class of each group online (via Zoom or other communication tool)
- Be available to respond to questions from the 3 groups daily
- Meet with representatives from the 3 groups to check in their progress via Zoom every two weeks (around 30mn each)
- Guide the 3 groups how to implement their action projects
- Take part in shortlisting the top 4 groups for the action learning projects
Applicants who may apply to be facilitators for this program are those who:
- Know how to use online tools for communication (FB, Zooms, Messenger, Telegram,…)
- Commit to allocate at least 3–4 hours a week for the program;
- Have good English language skills;
- Have good interpersonal skills.
Allowance will be given to the successful applicants.
Application form can be downloaded from this link.
Please submit the complete application to: email@example.com with the subject line: “Learning and Leading program’s facilitators ” by July 29, 2020 at 5:00pm local time.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for the interview. Please call +855-17-560-801 for questions regarding the application and selection process.