The U.S. Embassy, Phnom Penh will hold an online auction of various used items, including vehicles, for the general public.
Location of the Sale
The online auction will be posted on the website: https://online-auction.state.gov/km-KH
Date and Time of Sale
The Online Auction bidding will be open from February 17, 2023@ 08:00 to 24, 2023 @ 17:00. The Embassy will announce the bidding results with the participation of the Cambodian Customs and Excise officers. Winning bidders will then be notified.
Conditions of Sale
- The items and vehicles will be sold to the highest bidder through a fair bidding process.
- Items are sold on an as-is, where-is, non-returnable basis for without refund or warranty. Pictures of each lot can be viewed on the online-auction website.
- The minimum bidding amount will be determined for each lot.
- The U.S. Embassy Phnom Penh reserves the right to reject any bid that is considered not to be commensurate with the value of the items, or to reject any bid where there is evidence of connivance, collusion, or bribery. The Embassy’s decision is final and cannot be appealed.
- Successful bidders will have to make full payment within 120 hours of the notification (5 working days), to the U.S. Embassy’s bank account. This is non-refundable. The details on how to pay will be instructed to the winning bidder. Any NGOs, international organizations, or RGC ministries can consult the RGC customs officers for tax-exempt procedures.
- All duties and taxes are the responsibilities of the bidders. The import tax rate is determined by the Cambodian Customs and Excise authority. The import tax owed is calculated by multiplying the winning bid amount by the defined tax rate of each item. The applied tax rate for general items except vehicles is 26.50%.
- All arrangements and costs to remove the purchased items are the responsibility of the buyer.
- In the event the purchaser fails to remove the purchased items from the sale site by 5:00 p.m. on 16 March 2023, the U.S. Embassy Phnom Penh considers the lot abandoned, and thus the bidders forfeit the right to the purchased items and any payments made.
- To remove the purchased items from the sale site, the bidder must present a signed invoice/receipt issued by the U.S. Embassy cashier showing payment in full, and a copy of the customs tax payment or a copy of a tax-exempt document (for entities claiming tax-exempt eligibility).
- U.S. Embassy employees and KWB employees involved in logistical operations of the auction are prohibited from bidding on any items.
- For further info, please email Phnom PenhUSAuction@groups.state.gov