The U.S. Embassy, Phnom Penh will hold an online auction of used vehicles for the general public.
Location of the Sale
The online auction will be posted on the website: https://online-auction.state.gov/km-KH
Date and Time of Sale
The Online Auction will be open bidding from April 27, 2020. @8:00 to May 11, 2020. @ 17:00. The Embassy to announce the bidding results with the participation of the Cambodian Customs and Excise officers. Winning bidders will then be notified.
Conditions of Sale
- The vehicles will be sold to the highest bidder through a fair bidding process.
- Vehicles is sold on an as-is, where-is, non-returnable basis for cash payment without refund or warranty.
- The U.S. Embassy Phnom Penh reserves the right to reject any bid that is considered not to be commensurate with the value of the vehicles, or to reject any bid where there is evidence of connivance, collusion, or bribery.
- Payment: Successful bidders will have to make an immediate full payment or pay a 10% non-refundable deposit within 24 hours of notification; the deposit is forfeited if the remaining amount is not paid within 96 hours of notification to the U.S. Embassy’s bank account. NGOs, international organizations, or RGC ministries can consult the RGC customs officers for tax-exempt procedures.
- All duties and taxes are the responsibilities of the bidders. The import tax rate is determined by the Cambodian Customs and Excise authority. The import tax calculation is by multiplying the winning bid amount with the defined tax rate of each vehicle.
- All arrangements and costs to remove the purchased vehicles are the responsibility of the buyer.
- In the event the purchaser fails to remove the purchased vehicles from the sale site by 5:00 p.m. on May 26, 2020, the U.S. Embassy Phnom Penh, at its election, shall be entitled to charge progressive storage rates up to the bid value, after which the winning bidders shall forfeit the right to the purchased vehicles and all payments made.
- In order to remove the purchased vehicles from the sale site, you must present a signed receipt issued by the U.S. Embassy cashier showing payment in full, and a copy of the customs tax payment or a copy of a tax exempt document (for entities claiming tax-exempt eligibility).
- U.S. Embassy employees involved in logistical operations of the auction are prohibited from bidding on any vehicles.
- For further info, please contact telephone number 023-728-503, official business hour.