Last Updated: 3/20/2023
Updated Requirements for Air Travelers to the U.S. due to COVID-19
*** Effective Sunday, June 12 at 12:01 a.m. EDT, the CDC rescinded its Order requiring all airline or other aircraft passengers to show a negative COVID-19 test result or documentation of recovery from COVID-19 to board any aircraft destined to the United States from a foreign country. Of note, CDC’s Order requiring proof of vaccination for non-U.S. citizen nonimmigrants to travel to the United States is still in effect. For more information see Requirement for Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination for Air Passengers.
Check the CDC website for additional information and Frequently Asked Questions.
- According to the Ministry of Health authorities, as of March 20, 2023, Cambodia has had a total of 138,721 confirmed cases of COVID-19, and 3,056 deaths since the onset of the pandemic in early 2020.
The U.S. Embassy encourages Americans to adhere to all requirements and to check this page regularly for updates. U.S. citizens are subject to Cambodian law and there may be fines or other penalties associated with non-compliance. American citizens are advised to always carry identification when outside of their residence.
Questions related to these requirements should be directed to the Cambodian Ministry of Health at the COVID-19 115 hotline or any of the following office numbers: 012 825 424, 012 488 981, or 012 836 868.
Entry and Exit Requirements:
- Are there COVID-related entry requirements for U.S. citizens? No
- Is a negative COVID-19 test (PCR and/or serology) required for entry? No
- Are health screening procedures in place at airports and other ports of entry? Yes. The U.S. government has supported points-of-entry public health screening to help Cambodia implement emergency plans to screen people arriving at various points of entry, such as airports and land-border crossings.
- Are U.S. citizens required to quarantine? No
- U.S. citizens can obtain a COVID-19 test in Cambodia at multiple locations. Testing will be at the U.S. citizen’s cost. A physical copy of the test results is usually provided on the afternoon of the day following testing. The certificate of travel will be valid for 72 hours after issuance. Please confirm opening hours and testing costs before getting tested. The following locations offer COVID-19 testing:
- National Institute of Public Health (NIPH). Hours are Monday to Sunday, 7:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 1:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. for walk-ins only. Individuals seeking testing can pre-register their details at this link.
- Institut Pasteur du Cambodge. COVID-19 testing by appointment only
- Intercare Medical Center.
- For information on limited humanitarian exemptions to CDC’s requirement that all U.S. bound travelers present a negative COVID test, please review the following page: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/ea/covid-testing-required-us-entry.html Humanitarian exemptions to this order will be granted on an extremely limited basis and will only be considered when the country of departure lacks adequate COVID-19 testing capacity. To submit information in support of an exemption, email ACSPhnomPenh@state.gov.
COVID-19 Vaccine Information:
- Are vaccines available in Cambodia for U.S. citizens to receive? Yes.
- The Cambodian government has designated the Ministry of Labor and Vocational Training (for those holding E-class Ordinary Visa and work permits issued by the ministry), and local authorities (for all other foreign residents) as the responsible authority for registering foreign residents seeking a COVID-19 vaccination. Please refer to this announcement (3 pages) for further details. American citizens seeking vaccination are encouraged to contact their employer (for E-class Ordinary Visa holders) or their local sangkat/commune authorities in accordance with this announcement. American citizens are not required to register with the Embassy and do not require a letter from the Embassy to be eligible for vaccination. American citizens may want to consider having a printed copy of this announcement in their possession when registering with Cambodian authorities and/or seeking vaccination. Foreign nationals who are not residents or do not have valid visas are ineligible to receive vaccinations under this guidance.
- Visit the FDA’s website to learn more about FDA-approved vaccines in the United States.
- For additional information in Cambodia, travelers can call the 115 hotline or MOH officials at: 012 825 424, 012 488 981 or 012 836 868. Information is available in English and Khmer.
- Other links:
- COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov
- CDC page on COVID-19
- Travel.state.gov Country Information and Travel Advisory page