Last Updated 5/9/2023
- According to the Ministry of Health authorities, as of May 9, 2023, Cambodia has had a total of 138,736 confirmed cases of COVID-19, and 3,056 deaths since the onset of the pandemic in early 2020.
The U.S. Embassy encourages Americans to adhere to all requirements and to check this page regularly for updates. U.S. citizens are subject to Cambodian law and there may be fines or other penalties associated with non-compliance. American citizens are advised to always carry identification when outside of their residence.
Questions related to these requirements should be directed to the Cambodian Ministry of Health at the COVID-19 115 hotline or any of the following office numbers: 012 825 424, 012 488 981, or 012 836 868.
Entry and Exit Requirements:
- Are there COVID-related entry requirements for U.S. citizens? No
- Is a negative COVID-19 test (PCR and/or serology) required for entry? No
- Are health screening procedures in place at airports and other ports of entry? Yes. The U.S. government has supported points-of-entry public health screening to help Cambodia implement emergency plans to screen people arriving at various points of entry, such as airports and land-border crossings.
- Are U.S. citizens required to quarantine? No
COVID-19 Vaccine Information:
- Are vaccines available in Cambodia for U.S. citizens to receive? Yes.
- The Cambodian government has designated the Ministry of Labor and Vocational Training (for those holding E-class Ordinary Visa and work permits issued by the ministry), and local authorities (for all other foreign residents) as the responsible authority for registering foreign residents seeking a COVID-19 vaccination. Please refer to this announcement (3 pages) for further details. American citizens seeking vaccination are encouraged to contact their employer (for E-class Ordinary Visa holders) or their local sangkat/commune authorities in accordance with this announcement. American citizens are not required to register with the Embassy and do not require a letter from the Embassy to be eligible for vaccination. American citizens may want to consider having a printed copy of this announcement in their possession when registering with Cambodian authorities and/or seeking vaccination. Foreign nationals who are not residents or do not have valid visas are ineligible to receive vaccinations under this guidance.
- Visit the FDA’s website to learn more about FDA-approved vaccines in the United States.
- For additional information in Cambodia, travelers can call the 115 hotline or MOH officials at: 012 825 424, 012 488 981 or 012 836 868. Information is available in English and Khmer.
- Other links:
- Travel.state.gov Country Information and Travel Advisory page