- Cambodia has had a total of 141 confirmed cases of COVID-19.
- The U.S. Centers for Disease Control has issued a Level 2 Travel Notice for Cambodia and the U.S. Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory (Do Not Travel). Read more
- The Cambodian Ministry of Education has issued an immediate, indefinite, closure of all schools in in Cambodia until further notice.
- As of 10 a.m. March 18, 2020, the Cambodian government has shuttered all museums, cinemas, concert halls, bars, and karaoke establishments (KTV parlors). Any large religious gatherings are prohibited until further notice.
- As of 10 a.m March 27, 2020, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) issued a Level 3 Global COVID-19 Pandemic Notice recommending that travelers avoid all non-essential international travel. On the same day, CDC issued a Level 3 Travel Health Notice for the United States, the highest risk level, indicating widespread ongoing transmission. Read more
Cambodia Entry Requirements, COVID-19 Testing, and Quarantine: On June 10, authorities announced a requirement that all foreign travelers entering Cambodia pay a deposit of $3,000 upon arrival at airports for mandatory COVID-19 testing and potential treatment services. On June 8, authorities released a fee schedule for these testing and treatment services. Travelers should be prepared to see this deposit applied to a minimum of $165 for mandatory COVID-19 testing, approximately $1,281 more to support quarantine in the event one or more passengers on their flight test positive, and a minimum of approximately $3,255 more for treatment and quarantine if the traveler tests positive. The Embassy recommends all travelers be prepared upon entry into Cambodia to pay for the full costs identified in the fee schedule.
The June announcements of new entry requirements are in addition to requirements for entering Cambodia by air, land, and water that authorities introduced on May 10 for prevention, containment, and response to the spread of COVID-19. All arriving foreigners must:
- Possess a COVID-19 negative medical certificate issued no more than 72 hours prior to the date of arrival and proof of medical insurance coverage of at least $50,000;
- Undergo a COVID-19 test upon arrival and wait in official facilities to receive laboratory results. In the event one or more travelers on an arriving vessel/flight test positive, all passengers must undergo a 14-day quarantine at a location designated by Cambodian authorities. If all travelers test negative, health authorities will require travelers to self-isolate for 14-days at their home or lodging under supervision of local authorities. Health authorities will then oversee another COVID-19 test on the 13th day of self-isolation.
On March 28, the Government of Cambodia suspended the e-visa and visa-on-arrival programs until further notice. In addition, we understand Cambodian Embassies will only accept applications for diplomatic, official, and business visas and will not issue tourist or other visas to enter Cambodia at this time.
Notice on Flights for American Citizens Seeking to Depart Cambodia:
The following airlines currently maintain sharply reduced flights that depart Cambodia for onward connecting flights to the United States. Many travelers worldwide have reported unexpected flight cancellations and limited flight availability. Please check airline websites for times and availability and do not book flights through an online search service. We recommend booking flights through a travel agency or directly with the below airlines.
- Korean Airlines Note: Currently three flights every week.
- Asiana Airlines Note: Currently three flights every week.
- EVA Air Note: One flight every week
Travel agencies in Phnom Penh (English speakers):
- EXO Travel – office 023 218 948. mobile: 017 600 085 and 017 910 007
- Palm Travel and Tours – office 016 821 168. Mobile 077 800 021
- Khmer Views Travel Agent – office 081 983 567
- World Pop Travel – office 012-913 789
We encourage all U.S. Citizens to register for the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive important messages here.
For additional information in Cambodia, travelers can call the 115 hotline or MOH officials at: 012 825 424, 012 488 981 or 012 836 868. Information is available in English and Khmer.