The Department of State administers the annual Diversity Visa (DV) Program which provides immigrant visas to 50,000 qualified applicants from a select group of eligible countries each year. There is no fee to apply, but to qualify you must meet the following simple but strict requirements:
- You must have completed your high school education or qualifying work experience.
- You must submit a photo taken within six months of applying for the DV Program.
- You must include your spouse and all your children on your online entry.
You must apply online at https://www.dvlottery.state.gov/ on Wednesday, October 3, 2018 at 12:00 noon, Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) (GMT-4), and concludes on Tuesday, November 6, 2018 at 12:00 noon, Eastern Standard Time (EST) (GMT-5).
Important Points to Remember
- The U.S. Embassy encourages members of the Cambodian public not to give away their biographic data to companies who would like to enter you into the DV lottery.
- Our message is simple – you can apply to the DV lottery completely free of charge by going to: https://www.dvlottery.state.gov/ More details on the program are also available on the website.
- The only fee in the DV process is paid at the U.S. embassy after an applicant is selected by lottery for a diversity visa interview. In 2018 this fee was $330.00 per person.
- No sponsor is needed in the United States in order to facilitate or guarantee your travel. Be wary of anyone who claims a sponsor is needed in this process. They could be trying to traffic you or put you in an unknown or unpredictable situation.