The American Center is part of the Public Affairs Section and is the U.S. Embassy’s public library and outreach center. We have books, films and documentaries, magazines and research databases – all about the United States.
Note: A form of valid government-issued photo identification (Passport, Driver’s Permit or National Identification Card) is needed to enter the American Center located in the U.S. Embassy Phnom Penh.
Get a Membership Card
To visit the American Center, reservation or membership card is not needed. However, if you want to check out books, audiobooks, DVDs, and CDs, you are required to register for a membership card by completing a Registration Form (DOC: 32 KB) with a copy of ID and photo attached, and send to AmericanCenterKH@state.gov. American Center membership is free.
All programs are open to the public for free. Please reserve your seat here.
- March 04, 2020 | 2:30-3:00 P.M. | Scholarship Information: Fulbright Foreign Student Program
- March 06, 2020 | 10:00 – 11:00 A.M. | Women’s History Month Spotlight: Beauty Standards
- March 10, 2020 | 3:00 -4:00 PM | Women’s History Month Spotlight: More than a housewife | Speaker: Jamie Waters, Fulbright English Teaching Assistant
- March 13, 2020 | 09:30 – 12:00 PM | Women and STEM: Film Screening and Discussion of “Hidden Figures” | Speaker: Eve Jones, Fulbright English Teaching Assistant
- March 16, 2020 | 3:00 -4:00 PM | 2020 Vision and goal setting: A Vision Board Workshop | Speaker: Jamie Waters, Fulbright English Teaching Assistant
- March 17, 2020 | 9:30 – 11:15 AM | YSEALI YOUnified – Her Project “Creating Your Own Opportunities: Women as their own bosses”
Please R.S.V. P here: https://forms.gle/69f19Ab8hwM3pmrNA
- March 19, 2020 | 3:00 – 4:30 PM | Career Development Club: Public Speaking – Prepare, Practice, and Present | Speaker: Eve Jones, Fulbright English Teaching Assistant
- March 20, 2020 | 10:00 – 11:00 AM | English Club / U.S. Election: What is the Electoral College? | Speaker: Eve Jones, Fulbright English Teaching Assistant
- March 25, 2020 | 3:00 – 4:30 PM | Gender Equality Month: Gender Identity Workshop
- March 27, 2020 | 10:00 – 11:00 AM | Spotlight on Female Leadership: Lieutenant Colonel Meach Sithyka, First Cambodian Female graduate of U.S. Military Academy West Point
- March 31, 2020 | 3:00 – 4:00 PM | Love Languages in the Workplace
- Click here to view photos of our past events.
Download LibraryWorld app to access our catalog anywhere and anytime from your smart mobile devices. (Library Name: American Center Cambodia)
Browse for items in our collection by topics:
Time of Operation
Monday – Friday (Except public holidays)
08:30 a.m. – 11.30 a.m.
13:30 p.m. – 16:30 p.m.
Holiday Calendar 2020
- Want to renew an item?
- Lost your library card?
- Need research help?
- Look for a book?
- Want to arrange a visit to the American Center?
- Want to arrange a presentation for your group?
Contact us at:
023 728 274
023 728 256
Note: The American Center does not answer queries about visas to the United States or about other consular matters. For consular information, please check the Consular pages of our website.