The American Center is part of the Public Affairs Section and is the U.S. Embassy’s public library and outreach center. We have books, films and documentaries, magazines and research databases – all about the United States.
Note: A form of valid government-issued photo identification (Passport, Driver’s Permit or National Identification Card) is needed to enter the American Center located in the U.S. Embassy Phnom Penh.
Get a Membership Card
To visit the American Center, reservation or membership card is not needed. However, if you want to check out books, audiobooks, DVDs, and CDs, you are required to register for a membership card by completing a Registration Form (DOC: 32 KB) with a copy of ID and photo attached, and send to AmericanCenterKH@state.gov. American Center membership is free.
- February 04, 2020 | 10:00 – 11:00 AM | American Like Me/American Like You: Celebrating Lunar New Year | Speaker: Jamie Waters, Fulbright English Teaching Assistant
- February 05 – 07, 2020| American Center will be closed.
- February 12, 2020 | 10:00 – 11:30 AM | Career Development Club: The Importance of Emotional Intelligence as a Personal and Professional Soft Skill | Speaker: Jamie Waters, Fulbright English Teaching Assistant
- February 12, 2020 | 2:30 – 3:30 PM | Career Development Club: Career Readiness| Speaker: Christopher Prosa, Workforce Consultant, Montana Department of Labor & Industry, Job Service Missoula
- February 13, 2020 | 10:00 – 11:30 AM| Cultural Spotlight: Roses are Red, Chocolate & Greeting Cards: The History of Valentine’s Day in the U.S | Speaker: Jamie Waters and Eve Jones, Fulbright English Teaching Assistant
- February 14, 2020 | 10:00 – 11:00 AM| Cultural Spotlight: The Super Bowl | Speaker: Eve Jones, Fulbright English Teaching Assistant
- February 17, 2020 | American Center will be closed in observance of President’s Day.
- February 19, 2020 | 10:00 – 11:00 AM | EducationUSA Presentation: Time Management for Students | Speaker: Jamie Waters, Fulbright English Teaching Assistant
- February 20, 2020 | 3:00 – 4:30 PM | Black History Month Session: History of African American Heritage Month and some Notable Figure in American History |Speaker: Nansie Ike, Program Specialist at the U.S. Embassy
- February 21, 2020 | 10:00 – 11:00 AM | Black History Month Spotlight/ English Club: Social Justice through Music | Speaker: Linnette Franco, Cultural Affairs Officer
- February 21, 2020 | 3:00 – 4:00 PM | EducationUSA Presentation: 2+2 Program and Admissions Preparation | Speaker: Eng Po, EducationUSA Advisor
- February 26, 2020 | 10:00 – 11:00 AM | Career Development Club: How to be a leader in your family, school, community | Speaker: Jamie Waters, Fulbright English Teaching Assistant
- February 27, 2020 | 3:00 – 4:30 PM | Cultural Spotlight: President’s Day and the Evolution of the U.S. Presidency | Speaker: Eve Jones, Fulbright English Teaching Assistant
- February 28, 2020 | 10:00 – 11:30 AM | Black History Month Film Screening and Discussion of “Soul Food Junkies” | Speaker: Nansie Ike, Program Specialist at the U.S. Embassy
- Click here to view photos of our past events.
Download LibraryWorld app to access our catalog anywhere and anytime from your smart mobile devices. (Library Name: American Center Cambodia)
Browse for items in our collection by topics:
Time of Operation
Monday – Friday (Except public holidays)
08:30 a.m. – 11.30 a.m.
13:30 p.m. – 16:30 p.m.
Holiday Calendar 2020
- Want to renew an item?
- Lost your library card?
- Need research help?
- Look for a book?
- Want to arrange a visit to the American Center?
- Want to arrange a presentation for your group?
Contact us at:
023 728 274
023 728 256
Note: The American Center does not answer queries about visas to the United States or about other consular matters. For consular information, please check the Consular pages of our website.