Through hands-on workshops with group activities and discussions, participants in the TESOL’s LMCP receive the unique leadership training, designed specifically for English Language Training professionals from various kinds of ELT organizations and institutions. The program will be useful for ELT professionals in leadership, administrative, or management roles. The required portion of the LMCP will be offered on the day before the Thailand-TESOL Conference, and the electives will be offered during the Conference.
Participants will gain awareness and learn about leadership and management strategies related to five key areas: qualities of effective leaders, strategic planning, leadership for teacher change, time management, building teams, and leading meetings. Participants will be developing components of a leadership/management action plan they can implement upon return to their institutions. The program will also enhance networks among ELT leaders in the Southeast Asia region.
In addition to the opportunity to earn the LMCP certificate, participants will attend the annual Thailand-TESOL Conference and learn more about trends and best practices in the ELT field.
- Neil J. Anderson, Brigham Young University—Hawaii, Laie, Hawaii, USA
- Fernando Fleurquin, University of North Texas, Denton, Texas, USA
- Christine Coombe, Dubai Men’s College, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- ELT professionals at all levels who are currently in a leadership, administrative, or management role in their institution or organization, or who want training in these areas
- Approximately 150-200 attendees
- Leadership and Management Fundamentals (Qualities of effective leadership, Leadership for teacher change: Supervision, and Strategic planning) – required
- How to Run Effective Meetings – elective
- Facilitating Groups and Building Teams – elective
- Effective Time Management Strategies – elective
How to apply
- Fill in the application form (DOCX: 69 KB)
- Submit the application form to Mr. Ou Socheat at OuS1@state.gov
Application deadline: September 19, 2016
For information, please contact:
Mr. Ou Socheat
Public Affairs Specialist
023 728 248