The U.S. Embassy in Phnom Penh is pleased to announce the English for Workforce Development in Cambodia (EnglishWorks!) Program and would like to invite interested not-for-profit organizations to submit proposals to serve as EnglishWorks! providers.
The EnglishWorks! program provides un/underemployed young adults with training in vocational English, soft-skills, IT skills, entrepreneurship training, and employability skills.
The six-month program will enable participants to build the professional skills necessary to compete in the 21st century job market. The result of the EnglishWorks! program will be a diverse and empowered group of participants and alumni with an increased potential to shape the course of their own lives and their communities. The EnglishWorks! program will stress gender balance through the selection of equal numbers of male and female participants. Preference will be given to providers that strive to engage underserved and under-resourced communities.
Overall Program Goals:
- Provide a foundation of English language skills to un/under-employed Cambodian participants, ages 17 to 25.
- Empower participants with the tools and motivation to contribute to the socio-economic development of Cambodia.
- Equip participants with the knowledge and skills to compete for professional and educational opportunities in Cambodia and abroad, especially those funded by the United States.
The six-month period of this award is estimated to run from August 2022 to March 2023. Providers will conduct at least 240 hours of guided instruction for talented 17-25-year-olds through localized English Works! programs.
- Each Provider can facilitate 2 or 3 EnglishWorks! cohorts for groups up to 25 participants (50-75 participants total).
- Program budgets should not exceed $700 per student for six months.
- The cost of the program should be itemized in the budget into the following categories:
– Books and Instructional Materials
– Enhancement activities (field trips, guest speakers, job fairs, etc.)
If your organization is interested in submitting a proposal for consideration, please inform us of your intention no later than May 15, 2022 (5:00PM) via email to PASExchanges@state.gov. Based on the interest, the U.S. Embassy in Phnom Penh will provide the proposal templates and orientation sessions to walk you through the submission process.
Ms. Soreimeas Norn, Program Management Specialist
Tel: +855 237 280 48