OPEN TO: All Qualified Candidates
OPENING DATE: January 2, 2020
CLOSING DATE: January 25, 2020
WORK HOURS: Full time; 48 hrs/week
WORK PERIOD: June 25, 2020 – September 11, 2020
Peace Corps Cambodia seeks two Technical Trainer Assistants (TTA) for our K14 Pre-Service Training (PST) for the English Teaching Project. The Technical Trainer Assistant (TTA) lives and works closely with a small group of American Peace Corps Trainees (PCT) throughout Pre-Service Training. He/she conducts technical Khmer language lessons based on Education. Additionally, the TTA provides PCTs Cambodian cultural knowledge, and context. The TTA supports Technical Trainers by following a prescribed curriculum, working in and with the community to create community based learning activities and providing analysis of how the education system functions. The TTA plans sessions with the Technical Trainers and operates under the direct guidance and supervision of the Training Manager (TM).
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinates with Technical Trainer and LCFs to plan appropriate technical sessions.
- Supports technical sessions by building good relationships within the community and is able to mobilize support from community officials and members.
- Assists the Technical Trainer with all technical training needs including translation and cultural guidance
- Conducts technical language classes, making appropriate lesson modifications based upon the learning needs of the Trainees and feedback received from them.
- Helps Trainees to acquire cross-cultural knowledge and skills by acting as a language and cultural information liaison, by integrating cultural situations and discussions into language classes, and creating opportunities for Trainees to interact and ask questions in an open and unthreatening forum.
- Submits progress report regarding Trainee progress in language acquisition, and cultural understanding. Provides timely and regular feedback to Trainees on progress in Language, cross culture and other areas. Makes recommendations regarding Trainee language status at the end of the training program.
- Assures appropriate technical vocabulary/language has been covered before community based learning activities, school/health center visits and facilitates practice of technical Language. Asks for assistance from trainers if necessary background materials have not been provided in a timely manner.
- Selected candidate must be able to live in the selected rural community during the entire period of employment.
- Education: University Degree, equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree in education, teaching, or related field.
- Language Proficiency: Native Khmer Speaker. English Level III (Good Working Knowledge) Speaking/Reading/Writing. Ability to use English as an instructive language.
- Minimum of 5 years teaching in a Cambodian public school.
- Experience designing, leading, or delivering technical, cultural, or language training.
- More than three years’ experience in designing and delivering teacher training courses.
- Understanding of current education initiatives in Cambodia.
- 1-2 years’ of management experience in an educational context, such as with a school or education program.
- 1-2 years’ experience working in a leadership capacity with new professionals and/or new teachers.
- An advanced degree in TEFL/TESOL, Education, Training, or other related field.
How to Apply:
- Submit a cover letter in English describing your interest in working with the Peace Corps and how you meet the qualifications.
- Submit a CV in English that demonstrates how you meet the desired qualifications.
- Send CV/Resume and cover letter to KHemail@example.com with the title “TTA”
- Or, deliver to the Peace Corps Office – #7A, Street 256
- Or, mail to Peace Corps Office, PO Box 2453, Phnom Penh 3
For questions, please contact Peace Corps/Cambodia at Tel: 023 222 901.
Applications that fail to follow application instructions or address the required qualifications or are submitted after 5:00pm on the closing date will not be considered.