The June 2023 Foreign Service Officer Test (FSOT) will be administered from June 3-10, 2023. Information and testing locations, including international testing locations and options for home-based online proctored testing, can be found at http://www.pearsonvue.com/fsot.
The Foreign Service Officer Test (FSOT) measures your knowledge, skills, and abilities, including writing skills that are necessary to the work of a Foreign Service Officer. The FSOT is administered online at designated test centers in the U.S. and abroad and takes about three hours to complete.
To be eligible, the U.S. Department of State requires that each candidate be:
- A U.S. citizen on the date the candidate submits the registration package.
- At least 20 years old and no older than 59 years of age on the day the candidate submits the registration.
- At least 21 years old and not yet 60 on the day the candidate is appointed as a Foreign Service Officer.
- Available for worldwide assignments, including Washington, D.C.
Information about the Foreign Service selection process can be found at http://careers.state.gov/
U.S. Embassy Phnom Penh will be administering the FSOT on site June 10, 2023, from 9:00am to 12:00 pm. We will have four (4) testing stations available. If you wish to test at Embassy Phnom Penh, please be sure to select the site when you register. Please review important deadlines below:
- Wednesday, April 12, 2023: The list of overseas posts offering the test will be available on the Department of State Careers website. Once this list is posted, no additions will be made.
- Tuesday, April 25, 2023: The test registration window opens. The window will remain open for five weeks for candidates to submit applications and schedule seats.
- Candidates requesting reasonable accommodations from Pearson VUE must do so during the registration period.
- Thursday, June 1, 2023: Test registration window closes.
- Candidates are advised to use the online system to find openings, schedule a test, or cancel a test. When the Pearson VUE window closes, no additions are permitted regardless of unfilled seats.
- Once an application for a test window is submitted it cannot be changed, and candidates may test only once in a 12-month period. Click here for answers to General FSOT FAQs.
U.S. Embassy Phnom Penh will communicate with candidates after the close of registration if there is a need to share specific information about arrival procedures.