OPEN TO: All Qualified Candidates
OPENING DATE: 6 November 2018
CLOSING DATE: 23 November 2018
The United States Peace Corps seeks a Medical Assistant (MA) to support the work of American volunteers working in rural areas throughout Cambodia. Peace Corps is a U.S. government agency that sends volunteers to assist in development. Learn more about Peace Corps Cambodia here or visit our Facebook page here.
This position performs a variety of clinical and administrative duties in support of the Health Unit. The Medical Assistant (MA) works under the guidance and supervision of the Physician Peace Corps Medical Officer (PCMO) and reports to the Country Director (CD) for administrative issues.
The MA is responsible for providing administrative and clinical support for the PCMO, including tracking and ordering pharmacy and supply inventory, triage vitals, administering immunizations, drawing laboratory specimens; administrative skills; working as the health unit receptionist, screening phone calls, taking messages, coordinating consult requests, tracking laboratory and specialist consult reports, scanning and filing in the health record, scheduling medical appointments, distributing of medicines to Peace Corps Volunteers (PCVs) under PCMO oversight, and other clerical and administrative functions in support of the PCMO (s).
(*) Clinical duties will be performed as approved by the Medical Director through the Credentialing Committee/Office of Health Services (OHS), with clinical oversight by the PCMO.
- Successful completion of a nursing school (technical/university degree) or general medical school. (Supporting Diploma documentation must be submitted).
- Two years progressively responsible related experience with knowledge of administrative medical duties related to health services. Clerical and secretarial experience desirable.
- Strong Speaking/Reading/Writing of English and native Speaking/Reading/Writing of Khmer. This will be tested.
- Basic knowledge of administration of health units/facilities, including procurement of medical supplies and inventory control.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Power Point, Access, Outlook, and Excel).
- Experience providing administrative support to medical care providers and working with multiple teams in a professional organization.
- Proven ability to succeed in a multi-cultural English-speaking organization.
- Experience as a point of contact or liaison with stakeholders including patients, service providers, vendors, and other partners.
- Proven excellence in managing multiple tasks, projects, and deadlines.
- Submit a cover letter in English describing your interest in working with the Peace Corps and how you meet the qualifications.
- Submit a CV in English that demonstrates how you meet the desired qualifications.
- Submit documentation of required degree(s).
- Send CV/Resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the title “ Medical Assistant”
- Or, deliver to the Peace Corps Office – #7A, Street 256
- Or, mail to Peace Corps Office, PO Box 2453, Phnom Penh 3
For questions, please contact Peace Corps/Cambodia at Tel: 023 222 901.
Applications that fail to follow application instructions or address the required qualifications or are submitted after 5:00 p.m. on the closing date will not be considered.