Full Time Temporary Position
OPEN TO: All Qualified Candidates
OPENING DATE: 22 November 2019
CLOSING DATE: 20 December 2019
WORK HOURS: Full time; 48 hrs/week
WORK PERIOD: June 29, 2020 – September 11, 2020
The United States Peace Corps Cambodia seeks two Technical Trainers for our Pre-Service Training (PST) of approximately 75 Peace Corps Trainees (PCTs) who will be teaching in Upper Secondary Schools, Primary School, Primary Teacher Training Colleges and Regional Teacher Training Centers throughout Cambodia. Peace Corps (www.peacecorps.gov) is a US government agency that sends volunteers to assist in development. Learn more about Peace Corps Cambodia here: http://cambodia.peacecorps.gov/
Under the supervision and direction of the staff M&E / Lead Technical Training Specialist, the Technical Trainers are responsible for the review, revision, implementation, evaluation, and final reporting of the Pre-Service ETTT Technical Training. The incumbent must become familiar with Peace Corps’ training approach, Education Sector Guidance, and ETTT project framework in order to successfully facilitate, and evaluate trainee performance.
Technical Trainers are expected to live and work at a training site in rural Cambodia for the duration of their contract.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Gain an understanding of the Peace Corps Education Sector Guidance as it pertains to ETTT and the ETTT Core Curriculum by reviewing the relevant material including competencies, learning objectives and training materials;
- Review and prepare based on the current curriculum, and facilitate technical training sessions to groups of up to 35 PCTs;
- Prepare and work as a team with the other technical trainer and the staff M&E / Lead Technical Training Specialist;
- Facilitate/conduct, and/or coordinate technical training sessions, discussions, and practicum activities in the PST villages and central PST site according to the schedule;
- Evaluate PCT’s comprehension of material, classroom behavior, and practicum performance and give regular feedback to PCTs;
- Participate in all PST-staff meetings and events.
- A Bachelor Degree
- At least 1 year of experience in TEFL training or instruction
- Language Proficiency: Advanced Fluency or Native English Language speaker
- Post-graduate education or certification in TEFL, Education, or related field.
- Experience training new teachers
- Knowledge of Cambodian education system, including teacher training, rural/provincial school environments, and Cambodian cultural practices;
- Experience living and working/volunteering in Cambodia
- Khmer language at the intermediate level
- Knowledge, Skills, and Attitudes:
- Knowledge of U.S. American cultural attributes;
- Attention to detail and ability to remain calm under pressure;
- Courteous, attentive, and able to give and receive both positive and constructive feedback;
- Collaborative and works well in teams.
- Submit a cover letter in English describing your interest in working with the Peace Corps and how you meet the qualifications.
- Submit a CV in English that demonstrates how you meet the desired qualifications.
- Send CV/Resume and cover letter to KHemail@example.com with the title “Technical Trainer”
- Or, deliver to the Peace Corps Office – #7A, Street 256
- Or, mail to Peace Corps Office, PO Box 2453, Phnom Penh 3
For questions, please contact Peace Corps/Cambodia at Tel: 023 222 901.
Applications that fail to follow application instructions or address the required qualifications or are submitted after 5:00pm on the closing date will not be considered.