United States Peace Corps Cambodia
Vacancy Announcement: Executive Assistant
Personal Service Contractor (PSC)
OPEN TO: All Qualified Candidates
OPENING DATE: August 29, 2018
CLOSING DATE: September 17, 2018
The United States Peace Corps seeks an Executive Assistant (EA) to support the work of American volunteers working in rural areas throughout Cambodia. Peace Corps (www.peacecorps.gov) is a U.S. government agency that sends volunteers to assist in development.
Learn more about Peace Corps Cambodia here: (Website) http://cambodia.peacecorps.gov/ or (Facebook Page) https://www.facebook.com/cambodia.peacecorps/
The Executive Assistant (EA) reports to the Country Director as well as provides executive assistance the Director of Management and Operations and Director of Programming and Training. The EA manages relationships and communication with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders including staff, volunteers, government officials, NGOs and other partner organizations. The EA manages print, electronic and social media communications. The EA will support effective Post operations by occasionally assuming a back-up role in several key areas including safety and security and technology.
- A University Degree
- Two years of demonstrated experience providing administrative/protocol/social media/customer service or other kinds of support for an international, governmental or nonprofit organization(s).
- Strong Speaking/Reading/Writing of English and native Speaking/Reading/Writing of Khmer. This will be tested.
- Experience providing administrative support to executive leadership and working with multiple teams in a professional, non-profit or international organization.
- Professional experience designing, monitoring and managing messages to the public via social media (e.g. Facebook, Instagram) and print materials, including familiarity with associated software (e.g. Adobe InDesign, Microsoft Publisher).
- Proven ability to succeed in a multi-cultural English-speaking organization.
- Strong computer and information technology skills, ability to use and troubleshoot with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word).
- Experience as a point of contact or liaison with external stakeholders including government officials, non-governmental organizations, and other partners.
- Proven excellence in managing multiple tasks, projects, and deadlines.
- Submit a cover letter in English describing your interest in working with the Peace Corps and how you meet the qualifications.
- Submit a CV in English that demonstrates how you meet the desired qualifications.
- Send CV/Resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the title “Executive Assistant”
- Or, deliver to the Peace Corps Office – #7A, Street 256
- Or, mail to Peace Corps Office, PO Box 2453, Phnom Penh 3
For questions, please contact Peace Corps/Cambodia at Tel: 023 222 901.
Applications that fail to follow application instructions or address the required qualifications or are submitted after 5:00pm on the closing date will not be considered.