OPEN TO: All Qualified Candidates
OPENING DATE: December 8, 2017
CLOSING DATE: December 15, 2017
The United States Peace Corps seeks a Financial Assistant (FA) to support the work of American volunteers working in rural areas throughout Cambodia. Peace Corps is a US government agency that sends volunteers to assist in development. Learn more about Peace Corps Cambodia here.
The Financial Assistant (FA) is responsible for covering complex financial and contractual issues for Peace Corps Cambodia. Supervised by Peace Corps Cambodia’s Director of Management and Operations (DMO), the FA also serves as acting DMO in times of need. The FA assists in the development, review, and monitoring of Peace Corps Cambodia’s budget; is responsible or the entry of financial obligations, liquidations and disbursements; creates and maintains over thirty staff annual contracts, payroll and administration of benefits; ensures all payments are valid, authorized, and properly documented and recorded as well as aligned with the annual budget. The FA must qualify and serve as alternate “class B” cashier and as a United States government Contracting Officer. The FA must also become an expert on Peace Corps policies, procedures, and manual sections regarding fiscal and administrative issues, stay abreast of any changes, and help staff to understand relevant policies and procedures.
- Five years or more of experience working in international nonprofit/governmental administration or finance.
- Strong command of English, both spoken and written; as well as native ability in spoken and written Khmer.
- Demonstrated experience in managing complex financial and administrative regulations and systems preferably with an international government organization.
- Positive attitude towards leadership, collaboration, public service, personal integrity;
- Strong computer skills including word processing and spreadsheet programs as well as demonstrated experience learning new computer systems and technologies.
- Experience working with Americans or native speakers of English
- Prior United States Government financial management, accounting and/or contracting experience is highly preferred.
- Submit a cover letter in English describing your interest in working with the Peace Corps and how you meet the qualifications.
- Submit a CV in English that demonstrates how you meet the desired qualifications.
- Send CV/Resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “Financial Assistant”
- Or, deliver to the Peace Corps Office – #7A, Street 256
- Or, mail to Peace Corps Office, PO Box 2453, Phnom Penh 3
For questions, please contact Peace Corps/Cambodia at Tel: 023 222 901.
Applications that fail to follow application instructions or address the required qualifications or are submitted after 5:00pm on the closing date will not be considered.