Vacancy Announcement: Grants Specialist – Personal Service Contractor (PSC)
OPEN TO: All Qualified Candidates
OPENING DATE: May 08, 2019
CLOSING DATE: May 22, 2019
The United States Peace Corps seeks a Grants Specialist to support the work of American volunteers working in rural areas throughout Cambodia. Peace Corps (www.peacecorps.gov) is a U.S. government agency that sends volunteers to assist in development. Learn more about Peace Corps Cambodia here: http://cambodia.peacecorps.gov/ and https://www.facebook.com/cambodia.peacecorps/
The Small Grants Specialist manages all of Peace Corps Cambodia’s small grants portfolio and secondary projects. The Specialist works with the Program Managers and training staff to provide technical and programmatic support to complimentary, community-based secondary projects and Cambodia as well as provide support to Trainees, Volunteers (PCVs) and staff. During Pre-Service Training (PST), and throughout the training continuum, the Small Grants Specialist will support the training team and take the lead on technical aspects of training as it relates to viable and sustainable secondary projects and the grants management process as well as Peace Corps’ approach to secondary projects. The Specialist serves as the post expert on data collection, monitoring, reporting and evaluation of all small grants management – including mentorship and management of the small grants committee made up of elected volunteers. Development and management of relevant funding and implementation partners, including USAID and community counterparts is the responsibility of the Small Grants Specialist. The Small Grants Specialist will also actively contribute to the overall direction of the Peace Corps program in Cambodia and help to ensure the safety and security of Trainees and Volunteers.
- A University Degree
- Excellent Speaking/Reading/Writing of English and native Speaking/Reading/Writing of Khmer;
- Minimum of two years’ experience working in the Cambodian context; knowledge of Cambodian cultural practices;
- Minimum of two years’ experience with grant management;
- Experience training others in participatory community development.
- Proven ability to succeed in a multi-cultural English-speaking organization;
- Experience managing funding relationships with external stakeholders;
- Experience with community based small grant management;
- Experience designing and facilitating trainings. Proven excellence in managing multiple tasks, projects, and deadlines.
- Submit a cover letter in English describing your interest in working with the Peace Corps and how you meet the qualifications.
- Submit a CV in English that demonstrates how you meet the desired qualifications.
- Send CV/Resume and cover letter to KHemail@example.com with the title “Grants Specialist”
- Or, deliver to the Peace Corps Office – #7A, Street 256
- Or, mail to Peace Corps Office, PO Box 2453, Phnom Penh 3
For questions, please contact Peace Corps/Cambodia at Tel: 023 222 901.
Applications that fail to follow application instructions or address the required qualifications or are submitted after 5:00pm on the closing date will not be considered.