Vacancy Announcement: HomeStay Coordinator – Personal Service Contractor (PSC)
OPEN TO: All Qualified Candidates
OPENING DATE: May 08, 2019
CLOSING DATE: May 22, 2019
The United States Peace Corps seeks a Homestay Coordinator to support the work of American volunteers working in rural areas throughout Cambodia. Peace Corps (www.peacecorps.gov) is a U.S. government agency that sends volunteers to assist in development. Learn more about Peace Corps Cambodia here: http://cambodia.peacecorps.gov/ and https://www.facebook.com/cambodia.peacecorps/
The Homestay Coordinator is responsible for the promotion and implementation of the homestay program for Volunteers’ permanent sites and Trainee’s Pre-Service Training (PST) sites. S/he will oversee the program and direct the search, interviews and final selection of all host families. Under the supervision/direction of the responsible Program Manager (permanent sites) and the Training Manager (PST sites) s/he will provide ongoing support and feedback to both homestay families and Volunteers. They will also provide administrative and logistical support to host family and site-related work for the Program and Training Unit. Travel for extended periods of time is required, including extended stays at the training site before and during pre-service training.
The Homestay Coordinator reports directly to the Program Managers and Training Manager under the supervision of the Director of Programming and Training.
- A University Degree;
- Good command of written and spoken English as well as native ability in spoken and written Khmer;
- At least one year of experience working for an international development organization in rural Cambodian communities;
- Experience coordinating projects with a high level of detail;
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 50% of the time throughout the country to identify, develop, and support host families.
- Experience working with international volunteers;
- Experience designing and leading trainings;
- Proven ability to succeed in a multi-cultural English-speaking organization;
- Good organization, time management and communication skills;
- Proven excellence in managing multiple tasks, projects, and deadlines.
- Submit a cover letter in English describing your interest in working with the Peace Corps and how you meet the qualifications.
- Submit a CV in English that demonstrates how you meet the desired qualifications.
- Send CV/Resume and cover letter to KHfirstname.lastname@example.org the title “Homestay Coordinator”
- Or, deliver to the Peace Corps Office – #7A, Street 256
- Or, mail to Peace Corps Office, PO Box 2453, Phnom Penh 3
For questions, please contact Peace Corps/Cambodia at Tel: 023 222 901.
Applications that fail to follow application instructions or address the required qualifications or are submitted after 5:00pm on the closing date will not be considered.