OPEN TO: All Qualified Candidates
OPENING DATE: 28 January 2019
CLOSING DATE: 28 February 2019
The United States Peace Corps seeks a Program Manager (PM) in English Teaching in Primary Schools to support the work of American volunteers working in rural areas throughout Cambodia. Peace Corps (www.peacecorps.gov) is a U.S. government agency that sends volunteers to assist in development. Learn more about Peace Corps Cambodia here: http://cambodia.peacecorps.gov/ and https://www.facebook.com/cambodia.peacecorps/
Under the supervision of the Director of Programming and Training, the Program Manager (PM) is responsible for the management and support of Volunteers working in Primary schools throughout Cambodia. The PM will work with host communities – including host families and local primary schools – to prepare sites for Volunteers to be supported, secure, and productive. The PM will oversee the training of new Volunteers to ensure the needed skills and knowledge are transferred and then will monitor performance in regard to their work, cultural adaptation, and language acquisition. PMs work closely with other members of the Peace Corps staff to address Volunteer and program management priorities, including planning, evaluation, and reporting. The PMs also serve as a liaison to Cambodia’s Ministry of Education, Youth, and Sport and other agencies and organizations engaged in English teaching and English teacher training.
- A University Degree in Education
- At least 3 years of teaching in primary schools in Cambodia
- Experience designing or managing an education program
- Knowledge of Cambodian education systems, English education strategy and priorities
- Experience in TEFL training or instruction
- Strong Speaking/Reading/Writing of English and native Speaking/Reading/Writing of Khmer
- Willingness to travel throughout country to support site development for volunteers
- Experience leading or designing teacher training in Cambodia
- Supervisory experience an advantage
- Proven ability to succeed in a multi-cultural English-speaking organization.
- Strong computer and information technology skills, ability to use and troubleshoot with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Experience as a point of contact or liaison with external stakeholders including government officials, non-governmental organizations, and other partners.
- Familiarity with MOEYS and the Primary Education curriculum
- Proven excellence in managing multiple tasks, projects, and deadlines
- Submit a cover letter in English describing your interest in working with the Peace Corps and how you meet the qualifications.
- Submit a CV in English that demonstrates how you meet the desired qualifications.
- Send CV/Resume and cover letter to KHfirstname.lastname@example.org with the title “Program Manager”
- Or, deliver to the Peace Corps Office – #7A, Street 256
- Or, mail to Peace Corps Office, PO Box 2453, Phnom Penh 3
For questions, please contact Peace Corps/Cambodia at Tel: 023 222 901.
Applications that fail to follow application instructions or address the required qualifications or are submitted after 5:00 pm on the closing date will not be considered.