OPENING DATE: 30 June 2017
CLOSING DATE: 29 July 2017
The United States Peace Corps seeks a Medical Doctor, Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to serve as a part-time Back-Up Medical Provider based in Phnom Penh to support the work of American Volunteers working in rural areas throughout Cambodia. The Back-Up Medical Provider will provide health care to U.S. Peace Corps Volunteers in Cambodia and will work under the supervision of the Peace Corps Country Director in Cambodia and the Peace Corps Office of Medical Services in Washington DC. This is an on-call position providing short-term coverage for two primary medical officers during scheduled vacations and other absences including weekends. Work will primarily be in Phnom Penh but may require some travel to the provinces to attend to emergencies.
Major Duties and Responsibilities include
- 24-hour on call rotations to respond to and manage volunteer medical emergencies
- Diagnosis and treatment of acute medical conditions in an out-patient clinic
Qualifications and Requirements
- Graduate of accredited school. MDs must be a graduate of a school listed in this link, Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research
- Current license to practice in Cambodia
- Relevant primary care experience in a professional practice, hospital or clinic setting
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral /written English.
- Experience in managing mental health issues including counseling of patients
- Ability to work effectively as part of an intercultural team
- Hardworking, reliable and diligent with good inter-personal skills
- Willing to travel to provinces
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
How to Apply
Interested applicants for this position must submit the following or the application will not be considered:
1. A resume or C.V. that includes:
- Professional positions held, identifying duties, responsibilities, dates of employment and reason for leaving
- Education and training, identifying universities attended, dates of attendance, degrees and diplomas.
- Professional licenses, certificates, registrations
- An accounting for periods of unemployment longer than three months
2. Photocopies of:
- Academic diplomas. Pease note, in addition to a copy of the academic diploma, the applicant must submit an official academic transcript and curriculum.
- Professional licenses. If the license does not have an expiration date, written confirmation must be submitted directly from the issuing authority. Please note, if a license is not required, rather, the medical diploma is the license to practice, written confirmation, issued directly from the professional medical board, Ministry of Health or other appropriate regulatory authority establishing that the candidate is properly credentialed for medical practice, is required.
- Certificates of all post graduate training, internships, residencies, fellowships
- Professional registrations
3. A cover letter
All documents must be in English. Official translation is not required.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO: email@example.com
Or, deliver to the Peace Corps Office – #7A, Street 256
Or, mail to Peace Corps Office, PO Box 2453, Phnom Penh 3
For questions or a complete job description, please contact Peace Corps/Cambodia at Tel: 023 222 901.
Applications are due no later than 5:00 PM on closing date.