Application Deadline: December 31, 2018, 5:00 P.M.
Applications being accepted from: SIEM REAP PROVINCE
The Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy is pleased to announce a call for applications to the 2019 South East Asia Youth Leadership Program (SEAYLP) sponsored by the U.S. Embassy and the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs of the U.S. Department of State. Each year the application process is opened to youth from different regions of Cambodia. This year, the application is open to secondary school students and educators (teachers/community leaders) from Siem Reap Province only.
SEAYLP brings together high school students and adult mentors from the ten ASEAN member countries for a three-week United States-based exchange program focused on leadership and youth development. The program explores shared challenges faced by the United States and ASEAN member countries as viewed through the three pillars of the ASEAN community: political and security cooperation, economic cooperation, and socio-cultural cooperation and inclusion. Participants will develop concrete skills in project development, communication, and leadership while engaging in hands-on activities, workshops, seminars, and site visits. Participants will also develop projects to address the needs of their communities upon their return home. The program will take place in April 2019 and will include site visits, workshops, homestays, and a study tour.
For more information, please contact Public Affairs Section at PASExchanges@state.gov or 023-728-179.
For secondary school students who:
- Will be at least 15 years old and not more than 17 years old by April 1, 2019;
- Have leadership potential, a commitment to or interest in civic action, strong academic and social skills, and an interest in community service;
- Have strong English skills;
- Have permission from both parent(s)/guardian(s) and schools to participate in the entire program;
- Preference will be given to participants who have not previously traveled to the United States, especially on a U.S. government-sponsored program.
*Click here (Doc: 126 KB) to download the application for secondary school students.
For educators or community leaders who:
- Are willing to serve as mentors for the youth on this program;
- Teach at a secondary school or work with youth in a professional or volunteer capacity;
- Are well respected in the community;
- Have strong English language skills; and
- Intend to continue working with or for youth in their careers and have an interest in professional development.
*Click here (Doc: 126KB) to download the application for adult applicants.
Applications must be submitted by emailing your completed application to Public Affairs Section at PASExchanges@state.gov by 5p.m. on December 31, 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please call 023-728-179 for questions regarding the application and selection process.