The U.S. Embassy encourages you to avoid large crowds and immediately leave any area where crowds are gathering. You should remain alert to local security developments by monitoring local news reports, be vigilant regarding your personal security and preparedness, be aware of your surroundings, and plan your activities accordingly.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Cambodia Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Cambodia, located at 1, Street 96 (near Wat Phnom) Phnom Penh, Cambodia, at +855 23-728-402 / +855 23-728-051 / +855 23-728-234, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday (except for U.S. federal holidays). After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +855 23-728-000, press 1 and then 0 to be transferred to the operator.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.