OPEN TO: All Qualified Candidates
OPENING DATE: January 10, 2020
CLOSING DATE: January 31, 2020
The United States Peace Corps seeks a Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) Manager to support the work of American volunteers working in rural areas throughout Cambodia. Peace Corps (www.peacecorps.gov) is a U.S. government agency that sends volunteers to assist in development. Learn more about Peace Corps Cambodia here: http://cambodia.peacecorps.gov/ and https://www.facebook.com/cambodia.peacecorps/
The Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) Manager is responsible for Peace Corps Cambodia’s logical project framework in English Teaching and Teacher Training (ETTT), as well as the project’s implementation, review, and evaluation. This includes designing, implementing, managing and facilitating the technical training curricula in TEFL methods for Peace Corps Cambodia. The TEFL Manager works with the Program Managers and training staff to provide technical and programmatic support to the Education Project in Cambodia as well as provide support to Trainees, Volunteers (PCVs) and staff. During Pre-Service Training (PST), and throughout the training continuum, the TEFL Manager will serve as the lead technical trainer. The TEFL Manager serves as the post expert on the logical project framework and its goals, data collection, monitoring, reporting and evaluation of program activities. The TEFL Manager will also actively contribute to the overall direction of the Peace Corps program in Cambodia.
- A University Degree in Education or similar degree and comparable work experience
- Professional experience in training and facilitation in English
- One or more years’ experience in direct TEFL teaching in Cambodia
- Proven ability to work within a multi-cultural team
- Demonstrated understanding of Peace Corps mission and Core Expectations for Trainees and Volunteers
- Keen knowledge of student-centered learning approaches and TEFL methodology
- Proven track record of leadership skills with young professionals
- Fluent & professional English speaking and writing ability
- Understanding of Cambodian Education system and current education initiatives
- Strong computer and information technology skills, ability to use and troubleshoot with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Proven excellence in managing multiple tasks, projects, and deadlines
- Demonstrated skills in collaborating with host country national staff in designing and carrying out training programs
- Demonstrated understanding of Peace Corps Cambodia’s program and goals, and the conditions under which Volunteers serve
- TEFL certification
- Working and living experience in Cambodia and/or the region with intermediate oral Khmer ability
- Submit a cover letter in English describing your interest in working with the Peace Corps and how you meet the qualifications.
- Submit a CV in English that demonstrates how you meet the desired qualifications.
- Send CV/Resume and cover letter to KHfirstname.lastname@example.org with the title “TEFL Manager”
- Or, deliver to the Peace Corps Office – #7A, Street 256
- Or, mail to Peace Corps Office, PO Box 2453, Phnom Penh 3
For questions, please contact Peace Corps/Cambodia at Tel: 023 222 901.
Applications that fail to follow application instructions or address the required qualifications or are submitted after 5:00pm on the closing date will not be considered.