Getting Married in Cambodia

To obtain information about getting married in Cambodia, or an application form, U.S. citizens should contact the Legal and Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation (MFA) of the Kingdom of Cambodia, located at 3 Samdech Hun Sen Street, Sangkat Tonle Basac, Khan Chamkamorn, Phnom Penh.

The U.S. Embassy can certify U.S. passport copies and notarize affidavits of single status. None of the other documents required by the MFA can be certified by the U.S. Embassy. The MFA has assured the U.S. Embassy that it will accept marriage applications in which only the passport copies and affidavits of single status have been certified. The U.S. Embassy has blank affidavits of single status available. Using an affidavit from another source is permitted but may cause officials at the MFA to question the source and validity of your affidavit as it will vary in appearance from those they usually see.

Criminal history checks are not available through the Embassy. For additional information please visit

Since 2018, the Cambodian government has required male U.S. citizens wishing to marry Cambodians to establish a monthly income of at least US $2,500. The MFA requests that that the U.S. Embassy attach a certified cover letter to these documents. The U.S. Embassy will provide this cover letter when certifying U.S. passport copies and affidavits of single status for U.S. citizens.

Appointments are required for notarial services. To make an appointment, please click here.