Emergency Passports

If your passport has expired or was lost/stolen and you need to travel within the next two weeks, please bring the following to the Embassy:

  1. Your old passport. (See ‘Renew a Passport’ tab if your passport was lost or stolen.)
  2. Proof of international travel within the next two weeks.
  3. Two (2) identical, recent color photographs taken full face, with a white background, measuring 5 cm by 5 cm (2 in x 2 in). Please ask the photographer for photos for a U.S. passport, otherwise you may be given the wrong format.
  4. Your social security number. Either a DS-82 passport application (if you have a full validity, 10 year passport issued within the past 15 years that is not mutilated in any way), or a DS-11 passport application (all others). If the previous passport was issued for a 5-year validity period, use the DS-11.
  5. The applicable fees.

For minors under age 16, ‘Renew a Passport’ tab has special requirements.

If eligible, you will be issued a limited validity passport for your imminent travel. You will be required to replace this passport when you complete your travel. You may not be issued another emergency passport until this passport is replaced. We therefore encourage you to replace your emergency passport immediately upon your return.