Lost or Stolen Passport

American Citizen Services can replace lost, stolen or mutilated passports upon verification of your identity, and your citizenship, with a valid passport. An emergency, limited validity passport may be issued for immediate travel (please bring proof of travel: airline ticket or electronic ticket if your departure is imminent), or if you will not be traveling within two weeks you will be issued a full-validity passport (processing period approximately 2 weeks).

Form DS-11 and form DS-64. Please carefully follow specific instructions indicated below:

In order to obtain a replacement passport, ALL applicants, including children, MUST appear in person at the Consular Section of the U.S. Embassy with the following items:

  1. A police report substantiating loss or theft;
  2. All available identification such as: birth certificate, driver’s license, photocopy of the missing passport, or expired U.S. passport;
  3. If you have no current identification with you, you should bring along an American friend or relative with his or her passport to vouch for you.
  4. Two (2) identical, recent color photographs taken full face, with a white background, measuring 5 cm x 5 cm (2 in x 2 in). Please ask the photographer for photos for a U.S. passport otherwise you may be given the wrong format.
  5. All applications for children under 16 require both parents’ or legal guardians’ consent. When applying for a child under 16, the parent (or legal guardian) who is accompanying the child must sign the application form DS-11 in front of the consular officer and submit his/her signed passport whether he/she is a U.S. citizen or not. Non-U.S. citizens may submit a signed passport or a signed national photo identification card. If one parent is unable to be present, he/she MUST submit a notarized statement of consent authorizing passport renewal for the child and a legible photocopy of their passport or ID card.  Please click here to download the Statement of Consent: Issuance of a Passport to a Minor Under Age 16. You must also submit an original or legible photocopy of the child’s birth certificate.
  6. Please remember to bring your, or your child’s, social security number.

Replacing your Cambodian Visa

Upon getting a replacement passport from the Consular Section, please visit the Immigration Department to get your Cambodian Visa replaced or an exit visa from Cambodia. The Immigration Department is located on Russian Blvd, opposite Phnom Penh International Airport. Please contact the office directly for details on visa fees and processing time at 855-97-314-0999.

When traveling, please remember to carry a photocopy of your passport separately from your passport. In the event of loss or theft, the copy will facilitate issuance of an emergency passport.