* The “No Eyeglasses Policy” will go into effect November 1, 2016. Under this policy, Consular Affairs (CA) will no longer accept photographs of visa and passport applicants wearing eyeglasses, except in rare, medically-documented circumstances.
We recommend you use a professional photo service to ensure your photo meets all the following requirements:
1. In color (natural, do not alter or photo-shop it)
2. Size 2 x 2 inches (50 mm square). The head is between 1 inch and 1 3/8 inches (22 mm and 35 mm) or 50% and 69% of the image’s total height from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head.
3. Taken within the last 6 months to reflect your current appearance
4. Taken in front of a plain white or off-white background, no shadow and no border or frame.
5. Taken in full-face view directly facing the camera with both eyes open and showing both ears
6. Taken in clothing that you normally wear on a daily basis
- Uniforms should not be worn in your photo, except religious clothing that is worn daily.
- Do not wear a hat or head covering that obscures the hair or hairline, unless worn daily for a religious purpose. Your full face must be visible, and the head covering must not cast any shadows on your face.
- Headphones, wireless hands-free devices, or similar items are not acceptable in your photo.
- If you normally wear glasses (without tinted lenses), a hearing device, or similar articles, they may be worn in your photo.
- Dark glasses or glasses with tinted lenses are not acceptable.
- Glare on glasses is not acceptable in your photo. Glare can be avoided with a slight downward tilt of the glasses or by removing the glasses or by turning off the camera flash.