The Consular Section of the U.S. Embassy in Phnom Penh is responsible for providing visa services to those seeking to enter the United States for a temporary period and for those wishing to take up indefinite or permanent residence in the United States.
Please visit our Global Support Services (GSS) website for complete information on applying for a nonimmigrant U.S. visa, including a directory of nonimmigrant visa categories.
To contact a customer service representative, please visit the GSS Contact Us page for full information or use contact information below:
- Telephone: (855 23) 962 530 (for Nonimmigrant Visas)
- Email: We cannot take phone calls from individuals inquiring about visa cases. Please send any visa inquiry to the following email(s):
- Nonimmigrant Visas: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Immigrant Visas: IVPhnomPenh@state.gov
Please include the words“IV Inquiry” and your case number (which begins with the letters“PHP”followed by ten digits) in the subject line.
Visiting The Embassy
Embassy security procedures require that all visitors receive a security inspection. Visitors will be allowed to check one cell phone at the Embassy gate but the U.S. Embassy and the Embassy guards are not liable for any loss or damage to the cell phone while it is checked in. Visitors will NOT be allowed to enter the U.S. Embassy for appointments carrying any of the following items:
- Any other battery-operated or electronic devices such as computer tablets, digital diaries, pagers, cameras, audio/video cassettes, compact discs, MP3s, floppy disks, laptops, or portable music players.
- Any oversized shoulder bags or purses.
- Any oversized handbags and travel bags, large back-packs, briefcases, or suitcases. Applicants can only take in clear bags containing papers needed for their appointment
- Any food item.
- Sealed envelopes or packages.
- Cigarettes / cigars / match boxes / lighters.
- Any sharp objects such as scissors, pen knives or nail files.
- Weapons or explosive materials of any kind.
The list provided above is not exhaustive. Other items may be prohibited at the discretion of the security staff. Other than the one allowed cell phone, the U.S. Embassy will not provide storage for any of the above prohibited items. Visitors will have to make alternate arrangements to store these items before they enter the Embassy.
Only visa applicants with confirmed appointments will be granted access to the Embassy. Other accompanying persons are required to wait outside the Embassy entrance.
Visitors and applicants who fail to follow these security requirements may face delays or cancellations of their appointment(s).
Diplomatic or Official Visas
Please visit the State Department’s website for information on diplomatic or official Visas. For information on how to apply for diplomatic or official visas, please click here. You may email us at email@example.com with questions about diplomatic or official visas.