What is it?
The program concludes in Washington to allow for engagement with policymakers and networking among YSEALI Professional Fellows from across ASEAN. A select group of Americans who worked with the YSEALI Professional Fellows will then travel overseas to further strengthen relationships, continue to collaborate on issue-based projects, and mentor other YSEALI members.
Who is eligible to apply?
Young professionals from all 10 ASEAN countries who are leading change and innovation in civil society, the public sector, or the private sector. You must be a YSEALI member to apply for the Professional Fellows Program. Please join now at https://asean.usmission.gov/yseali/ to get regular updates on upcoming Professional Fellows Programs and other opportunities.
Other eligibility requirements
Applicants must be:
- Community leaders, ages 25-35, currently employed and with at least two years of professional experience at the time of application;
- Have a track record of making an impact in their community, institution or company;
- Be proficient in spoken and written English at the time of application;
- Be a citizen of, and currently residing in, one of the ten ASEAN member nations.
- Eligible to receive a United States J-1 visa.
How do I apply?
Applications for the Spring 2018 YSEALI Professional Fellows Program are now OPEN!
Applicants are limited to applying to only one exchange listed below:
Economic Empowerment (Deadline: Nov 13, 2017)
Hosted by the American Councils for International Education (ACIE):
Civic Engagement, with a focus on Women’s Empowerment (Deadline: Nov 15)
Hosted by University of Montana’s Mansfield Center:
Environmental Sustainability (Deadline: Nov 6)
Hosted by the International City/County Management Association (ICMA):